This guide gets you started with a typical creation for a partition profile using HMC v10.
The Create Logical Partition wizard on the Hardware Management Console (HMC) guides you through the procedure of creating logical partitions and partition profiles on your server.
To create a new partition profile using the HMC, complete the following steps:
- In the navigation pane on the left, click Systems. In the work pane, click the server name that has the logical partition. Click Partitions. The Partitions page is displayed.
- In the work pane, select System actions
- In the Add VIOS Wizard, follow instruction to input required information to create VIOS partition.
– The General tab: Input partition name and ID (system auto generate ID)
– The Processor tab: specify processor value
– The Memory: specify memory value
– The Physical I/O: select and add I/O to VIOS
– The Configuration Summary tab: review all settings
- Then click to select VIOS partition just created –> Profiles –> Manage profiles. In the Manage Profiles wizard, click . The Create Lpar wizard is displayed.
- In the Partition Profile page, specify a name for the logical partition profile in the Profile name field.
- Select the Use all the resources in the system check box if you want the logical partition to have all the resources that are available in the system.
- Click Next. Alternatively, click Cancel to reject the changes and to close the window.
- In the Processors page, select Shared to assign partial processor units from the shared processor pool or select Dedicated to assign the entire processor that can only be used by the logical partition, and click Next.
- In the Processing Settings page, specify values for the processor units
– Minimum processing
– Desired processing
– Maximum processing .
If the Shared mode selected, select a shared processor pool from the Shared processor pool list.
- In the Virtual Processors section, specify values for the virtual processor in the Minimum virtual processors, Desired virtual processors, and Maximum virtual processors fields.
- If you want to specify uncapped weight value for the virtual processors, select the Uncapped Weight check box and specify a value in the Uncapped Weight field, and click Next.
- In the Memory Settings page, specify below values for the logical partition memory and click Next.
– Minimum Memory,
– Desired Memory,
– Maximum Memory fields
- In the I/O page, select the adapters that you want to be included in the partition profile from the adapter list and click Add as required, or Add as desired. Click Remove to remove the selected adapter from the partition profile, and click Next.
- If you create partition under Virtual I/O (VIOS) so you need to create virtual adapters. In the Virtual Adapters page, select the virtual adapter from the available adapter list and click to view the properties of the virtual adapter.
- In the Maximum virtual adapters field, specify the number of maximum virtual adapters for the logical partition.
- To create a virtual adapter, click Ethernet Adapter, Fibre Channel Adapter, SCSI Adapter, or Serial Adapter. and select
- In the Virtual Adapters page, click Next.
- In the Optional Settings page, review default or select some below options and boot modes then click Next
– The Enable connection monitoring check box to enable connection monitoring.
– The Automatically start when the managed system is powered on check box to start the partition profile automatically when the managed system is powered on.
– The Enable redundant error path reporting check box to receive reports about any redundant errors.
- The Profile Summary page displays the summary information about the logical partition and the partition profile. Click Details to view details about the physical I/O devices. Click Finish to create the logical partition and the partition profile.